Home-Start Erewash is celebrating its 32nd year of belonging to the leading national family support network. Our support starts in the home to walk alongside parents to assist them to give their children the best possible start in life and enable parents to achieve fulfilment in their own lives. We make a difference to families when they need it most .
Home is where we start from.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals with skills which will complement and add to the board, specifically with professional experience of one or more of the following sectors:
• Marketing/ Public relations
• Human Resource
• Strategic Planning
• Social media
In all instances, Board Members should possess the following attributes:
• Ability to identify and critically evaluate business challenges and to focus on achieving these without losing sight of the values of the organisation
• Be forward-thinking, motivating, and optimistic while maintaining a sense of commercial reality
• Able to make bold, clear, timely decisions while keeping the values of the organisation in focus
• Ability to listen carefully and consider all points of view
• Understand and accept accountability for decisions and role/responsibilities
• Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism at all times
• commitment to the aims, principles, and policies of the organisation
• ability to think creatively and strategically, exercise good, independent judgement and work effectively as a board member
• effective communication skills and an ability to understand and question financial records and accounts.
Typically, the Board meet 6 weekly, where possible this will be face to face at our office in Ilkeston with occasional online meetings You may also be asked to join sub committees that focus on targeted areas e.g. Finance, safeguarding. The Senior Management Team are encouraged to draw upon the specific expertise of Trustees when needed.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, and the development of values, goals, and objectives. The Board is not operational. All day-to-day operations are carried out and overseen by the manager, who reports to the Board.
If you would like to be part of the team that shapes our future successes contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or for an application form or more information please see links below.
Successful applicants will initially be invited to interview and to attend a Board meeting as a guest.